Sunday, February 15, 2015

A New Direction


WE ARE BACK IN BUSINESS FOLKS!!!

Barry, the bestest most awesomest, coolest, hubby ever,
fixed our computer!!! It turns out our hard drive just up and died and
our computer was running slow because we only had the factory level
ram installed. New hard drive, increased ram, and a reset from a 
back up we did in July (thank god!) and our computer is running
B E A U T I F U L L Y!

This means I can stop blogging from my phone, a joy I'm sure you can imagine. 

AND I can finally use our 7D again! I was only using my phone to take
pictures because our computer was so jacked up I couldn't even open iPhoto
much less import new photos.

With this new-found excitement and functionality I have been thinking about
this blog. What do I really want to accomplish with it? Is it a personal blog
that is mostly for me to look back on? Do I want followers? Do I judge my 
success by followers and comments and pins? Do I really want people to read it?
Do I really want to be expected to write three posts a week? 

What do I really want? 

So I've decided to go in a different direction. 

Lists. Lists are my big idea. One of my most favorite things to do with this
blog is to update My Bucket List post with links to completed bucket list 
items. I feel a sense of accomplishment every time I scroll down that 
post and see all the pink highlighted words. In my daily life I have
six or seven lists going on a daily basis.

I've noticed that most blogs have a running theme. Some are cooking blogs, 
baby blogs, fashion blogs, home decor blogs and some are just lifestyle
and personal blogs. I don't want my blog to be limited by its theme but
I feel like it completely lacks direction. So I'm going to become this list lady. 

I kinda like it!

I'm going to make seasonal lists, things I want to accomplish lists (like 
fitness goals), lists of things I want to do with the boys, places I want
to see....well you get the picture. 

I'm so excited to have finally picked a direction that fits with our 
crazy, no schedule, life. It is distinctly me. 

I can't wait to see how this turns out!

-Ri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs