Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A New Direction pt. 2: A New (Out)Look


Guys. 

I'm like a real blogger! Look at this design! I am finally out of the blogger templates! It's definitely not my final design but it is a beautiful placeholder while I'm figuring it all out!

Now, about this title change. 

I've come to the realization that my life revolves around water. Truly, I am a complete and total water baby. I adore the ocean and all things beachy, I love rivers and streams and babbling brooks; I'm not much for lakes and ponds but get me some moving water and I'm home.



The more I think about it the more I notice how much water is a part of my life. Some of my best childhood memories happened in Galveston. Whenever Barry asks me where I want to go on vacation, there is always water around (the Caribbean, the river, Florida, Galveston...), I won't move us away from Houston because I don't want to be more than an hour from the ocean (true life), we even live next to a bayou that reacts to the tides.



Water has always played a key role in my happiness. So I took a page from Corona's book and have adopted the slogan Find Your Beach. Some days may be crummy and wet and cold and I might be stuck at a computer all day but I'm going to find a way to bring the tropics into my life! I am going to do my best to stop reacting to my life and start living with intention. And I intend on enjoying my life. I'm going to stop worrying about the money we don't have and start focusing on having fun with what we DO have: good friends, a great family, and a whole lotta love.



 
Exciting things are happening over here. I can't wait to see where it all takes me!

-Ri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs