Friday, February 6, 2015

7 Day Juice Cleanse: Day 1

A couple years ago, after watching Hungry for Change, I decided that I was going to be a badass and complete a 7 day juice fast/cleanse. At the end of day 2 I got a migraine so severe I was laid up in bed until the beginning of day 4 at which I point I said eff this! and started to eat again. I've always wanted to try again but then I had babies and was breast feeding so that was a no go. Now that I have no real reason to do the cleanse I've been putting it off. "Barry is going out of town, who is going to watch the boys if I get a headache?" "We don't have the money right now." "I'm training for a marathon, I need all my calories."  Fast forwards to two days ago. 

I was in the grocery store, trying to figure out what to make for dinner, when it really hit me. I really don't have any excuse to not do this cleanse. I'm not pregnant or breastfeeding. Barry is home. I've scaled down my training. And I just so happened to have some leftover Christmas money in my wallet. Right there, in the middle of the grocery store I made my decision. I would do this cleanse now. Today. No excuses. 

Juicerecipes.com is THE BEST website for juice recipes. Move over Pinterest!!! It has a 7 day cleanse plan with a shopping list so I got the fruits and veggies I needed and came home to tell Barry all about my newfound determination. 

I got excited. He got excited. And now we're doing the cleanse together. 

I started the cleanse yesterday but I don't have any photos because in my delirium I deleted them off my phone. Boo! 

Yesterday. Was. Miserable. 

I like food. I love food. I like to eat meals, I like to snack. I like to eat hot Cheetos while reading. I like to find recipes, I like to cook, I like the look on Barry's face when I make something delicious. 

This was like torture. I was never hungry, not once, but god I just wanted to EAT! And to make matters worse all the juices were super sweet and I wanted something salty. The cleanse plan comes with a recipe for potassium broth but says most people use it on day 3 when things get really rough. Um no. I made it day 1. And it was glorious. It was warm and a little spicy and salty and Barry and I drank all of it. 



If it hadn't been for that broth I would have quit. I have no disciple when it comes to food so I'm really proud that I made it through the first day. I was really cranky so I went to bed early praying the boys would stay asleep. 

I don't remember the first day being so difficult last time but so far everything about this cleanse seems different. I can't wait to get to day 7!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs