Monday, July 25, 2011

Broccoli Casserole-y Goodness!!!!


I made Broccoli Casserole for my dinner tonight...
and I'm having a small love affair with it.

;D


I just modified your basic broccoli casserole to
reflect my personal preferences.

Maria's Broccoli Casserole of Awesomeness:

1-Large Package of Success Instant Brown Rice (3 Cups Cooked)
3-Fresh Crowns of Chopped Broccoli (15ish Ounces)
16-oz. Colby Jack Shredded Cheese
1-Can Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup
1-Can Cream of Potato Condensed Soup
1/4-cup of Butter
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Sea Salt to taste
1/2ish-cup of Parmesan Cheese (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Cook Rice according to package instructions.
2.Mix everything (except Parmesan Cheese) in a LARGE bowl.
3. Pour everything into a 13x9 Baking dish
4. Bake for 30 minutes
5. Top the dish with the Parmesan Cheese
6. Bake for 10 minutes

7.Eat it!

This is like the easiest recipe ever! A lot of recipes
just call for 20 oz. of frozen chopped broccoli which is definitely
cheaper but not as good in my opinion. Some people steam
the broccoli before they put it in the baking dish which
just seems like a redundant step to me.

What I love about Broccoli Casserole is that you can
change it up without making it any more difficult.

For instance, you can use cream of chicken soup, cream of
broccoli soup, cream of whatever soup you want to put in there!
lol and you can add a bit of shredded canned chicken to
make a more hearty meal. Get creative! It's fun!

And...because I'm silly....
when I put the casserole on my plate...
I add a bit of lemon pepper and cayenne to the top.

Don't knock it till you try it!

:)

-Ri

ps. If when you're done it doesn't look like the picture I have
included in this post - do not be alarmed, this is a pic of someone
else's casserole so more than likely it will look different. :)


2 comments:

  1. Bleh cooking. For some reason, I have no interest in casseroles. Everyone seems to love them though lol!

    I am still in love with Tyler's roasted broccolli dish; any other form of cooking just seems sacrilegious lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I love comfort food...as you can tell by my nice body fluff. I like casseroles a lot since I don't really consider them cooking...I consider it baking. For me cooking is exciting and energy filled while baking/roasting is more home-y.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs