Thursday, June 9, 2011

230 Project - Week 4

This week I was lax...but I have a good reason.

This week, instead of doing a 230 project post,
this post will have photos of my Daddy who
passed away on June 6, 2011.



Day 22:

Daddy was in the military, he never really talked about
it other than to tell me that he went to boot camp with Elvis.

:)

Daddy loved telling stories for their humor...not necessarily
for their truthfulness. :) But Barry and I are going to try and find
the graduating class of Elvis and see if it was true. If Daddy wasn't
kidding...I'm going to feel stupid lol.

I don't think he ever served though.


Day 23:

Daddy with my half(?) sister Brenda. She lives in Falfurrias,Tx
so I was happy to get to meet her. :)



Day 24:
Daddy in the beginning stages of his cancer.

Every time the doctor would come in whenever I was
around he would tell Daddy: "I can't believe you are alive...
never mind that you're harassing the nurses and they're liking it."

LOL!

Daddy was what you could call - a horn dog. :) He loved
women and he loved children and he loved making children
with women.

;D



Day 25:

Daddy with my other half sister Sandra. She is awesome!

While we were dealing with the funeral, I think Sandra
and I laughed more often than cried simply from the
absolute craziness of the family.

:)

Day 26:

Another photo of Daddy with Brenda.


Day 27:

This is the last photo I have of/with Daddy.



Day 28:

This is my half brother Abraham (Jr.).

I don't have a picture of Abraham Senior and Abraham Jr.
together so this will have to do. :)

I also need a photo of my other half sister Susan. I saw her a lot
when I was 10-ish and still living with my dad, but after that
I didn't see her too much. She needs to get on FB. :)

This has been a crazy week...I've been doing well. I had
a small freak out in Smoothie King, which is where I was
when I got the news but other than that, I've been doing ok.
I was on my way to see him when Sandra called me, but she told
me that he had passed around 5AM, so it wasn't like I missed him
by 30 minutes.

I'm going to miss him, but I think that I will miss
the idea of "the perfect, doting, non-absent" father more than
I will miss Daddy himself. I know that is probably not a nice
thing to say, but we weren't really that close until he got his cancer.

Daddy was a wanderer, :) and I won't hold that against him.

I still love him and I hope he is in Fishing Heaven
catching The Big One.

:)

Love you Daddy,
-Ri



1 comment:

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs