Thursday, May 19, 2011

230 Project - Week 1


Alright!

Fine!

I'll do it!

:)

I have seen this idea around everywhere and I've always had a tendency
to scoff at people who attempt it. It is the dreaded...365 Photo Project.

The basic idea is to take a photo every day that sums up your day.
Everyone has different rules, some people only take photos of themselves
doing something and for some people it is more about taking a photo
of anything that describes their day.

I'm going to have 4 rules:

1. I have to have a photo for every day.

2. It has to be a positive photo. This includes photos that
make fun of me when I am in a tiff. :) ...like today...

3. I have to update weekly. I'm not going to update daily. Most of the
time I'm too busy doing other things to even think about blogging so
I will do a weekly update on Mondays.

4. I have the ability to choose an I Can Has Cheezeburger photo
if I don't take a photo. It is cheating I know, but as the writer of this
blog I get to make the rules, so there! :)

Now, as you will notice...the title says 230 Photo Project and not
365 Photo Project. That is because as of Sunday, May 15th (my start date)
there were 230 days left in 2011 and I have no intention of going through
all of my photos to try and find photos for every day before May 15th. :)
I plan on doing this every year and it is best to start on January 1st
so next year it will be a 365 photo project. And technically,
I didn't really start this project until Thursday, May 19th so this
week will be a bit short. I'll make it up with multiple shots
for the next couple of days.

Also, more than likely this will include artsy-fartsy photos but mostly
I think it will end up being photos from my iPhone. :)

Here goes!

S a t u r d a y, M a y 1 4th:

...cheating already on my first post ;) I don't have a
photo for Sunday so this will have to do.


Barry and I at the Smither Park neighborhood party/make-a-tile-party.

Smither Park is a dedication park to the late Mr. John Smither, a board
member of The Orange Show among many other things. The park will have
a memory wall (see article) and upon this memory wall will be tiles like the
ones shown above. You hand paint the tile with glaze, it will be fired then
put on the memory wall. The creators of Smither Park were kind enough
to throw a party for the neighborhood where we could paint the tiles for free.
Barry decided to do a picture of our home and my tile is reminiscent of
this long-standing tradition:


(This photo belongs to This Blog)

(Btw...this counts as photo #2 ;D )


W e d n e s d a y, M a y 18th:

I made this item about three years ago and I found it while searching
for my flat iron. :) It is a soft headband that you tie around your head.
I'm going to start making these, you will need bobby pins to keep it stable
and the tails are around 2' long so there will be some things to work on
but I'm kind of excited. They're very boho, I think.


T h u r s d a y, M a y 19th:


Barry and I riding on the Columbia Tap Rail to Trail. Please click
the link if you would like to know more. I fear that this post will be
too freakishly long as it is.


F r i d a y, M a y 20th:


I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean with my friend Celena. It was
AWESOME! Barry and I are going to go see it some time next week. Yay!


S a t u r d a y, M a y 21st:


Celena had her birthday party at the Richmond Arms Pub.
There were many MANY different beers (I think 84) so I had
a chance to try out some different beers. I tried a Frambroise (sp?)
and it was great! It tasted like a jollyrancher!


S u n d a y, M a y 22nd:


We have a frisbee golf field at the park by our house so we FINALLY
made it over there and played a game. Don't you like my form? :P



That was how far my frisbee was from the goal. Needless
to say...I didn't win. :)

I blame the wind.

-Ri


2 comments:

  1. Love the new post commitment!! I'm excited to see all of the fun things you are doing in your life... although it does make me somewhat sad realizing I really do not have the time to enjoy life like that. Le sigh.

    Maybe seeing all your fun will motivate me to at least try more...? I couldn't do this project if I wanted to lol. Or it would have to only be a weekly thing. Blarg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do the weekly thing! :) Or the doodle book that we talked about!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs