Sunday, January 30, 2011

Think of a Splendid Title...later :)

This is my first post regarding weekly menu planning.

It is kind of like What I Wore Wednesday, but for food.
It is like my own cooking show!

Now, since I am a homebody...and I don't really self perpetuate change,
I hereby VOW to make at least one new recipe a week.

So here is this week's menu:

Monday: Enchiladas
Tuesday: Tacos/Enchiladas Leftover
Wednesday: Soy Glazed Salmon (New Recipe) with
Roasted Asparagus
and Potato and Tomato Galettes (New Recipe)
Thursday: Broccoli Casserole (New Recipe)
with canned Corn and Peas
Friday: Leftovers!
Saturday: Steak Night! Barry cooks!
Sunday: Beef Stroganoff (New Recipe)

Just so you know...I started this venture with large ambitions of
taking beautiful photos of my food. Then one night, I was trying to
take a photo of my food and I realized that people HIRE OTHER
people to make food look pretty...and those people are called food
stylists. And I'm not one of them. :) So, some photos are by me,
others are by...well...others.


M o n d a y:
Enchiladas with Black Beans and Red Rice



Recipe here.


T u e s d a y:
Tacos/Enchilada Leftovers

W e d n e s d a y:
Soy Glazed Salmon with Roasted Asparagus
and Potato and Tomato Galettes


I do not like fish. I like shellfish...just not fish.
Unfortunately Barry loves salmon so we have fish on
occasion. But this glaze is freaking awesome! Love
the glaze, hate the fish. So I will have to find something
else to use this glaze on.



Soy Glazed Salmon Recipe
Potato and Tomato Galettes Recipe


Roasted Asparagus:
-Cut off bottoms of asparagus
-drizzle with olive oil
-sprinkle with salt and fresh crushed black pepper
-bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes, depending on asparagus thickness

Note: The galettes are ok. Honestly, I'd rather just quarter up small
red potatoes, toss in olive oil, sea salt, cracked black pepper, and
rosemary and roast them.


T h u r s d a y:
Broccoli Casserole with canned peas and corn


I used a Betty Crocker (thanks for the book Ashlie!) recipe
that was sooooo amazing. I'll have to write it down here next
time I make it, or I'll just make a singular post. At first I was like
there's no cheese! But it worked out beautifully! I added just
a bit of cheese since I'm an addict.

F r i d a y:

Leftovers!!!!!


S a t u r d a y:

Steak Night!

Well...it was supposed to be steak night but we went to
Angie's house and we ended up eating Taco Bell.

S u n d a y:

Beef Stroganoff



Another Betty Crocker pick.


Well I hope you enjoyed this post, as it is my first one it can
probably be done better. Next week I have a FANTASTIC
lineup of food!!! I can't wait!

-Ri


2 comments:

  1. Woooooow. Have you kept up with cooking this diligently? Everything really looks so tasty!!! I need to just move in with you so you can cook me dinner lol. I have officially decided this. You have no choice. Im moving in for your food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I have not been diligently pursuing this idea. I would love to but the last couple of weeks have been so busy I haven't made it to the store. I'm going to wait till I get the Sunday paper and then clip coupons and THEN I will continue with this series. :) I've been craving Swedish meatballs on egg noodles topped with Caraway sauce for two weeks now and I'm going to make it damnit! :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs