Thursday, November 4, 2010

First Ever Baby Blanket!!!!



It's done. It's FINALLY DONE!




This is my first ever baby blanket, and only my second completed
crochet project. We do not speak of the first project.

It is for Barry's cousin Ariana who had a baby I don't even know
how long ago . Her baby colors are
pale yellow and navy blue, I was so lucky to find the right colors.

This particular blanket is 100% cotton which I would love to continue to
work with but I don't think people would be willing to pay the price
for the baby blanket. It is around 37" square and it took at least 12 balls
of yarn at $4 a pop. Plus the fact that it took me for-freaking-ever to make
(although I am getting faster).

I just don't think people are going to pay for a $100-$120 baby blanket.
Parents are too busy buying diapers and other necessary items.

But there are grandparents. hmm...

My solution for now is to offer the same blanket in two different
materials. The cotton blanket (for the g-parents to buy) and then
an acrylic blanket (which is just as soft, though much
cheaper) for the parents to buy.

I'm just happy to be finished with this project.

:)

-Ri

1 comment:

  1. I so wish we could make all of our patterns out of the best materials available... :( Arg finances!

    I found out about a really soft amazing wool actually, that is so soft because the sheep that its made out of are located on an island off of Ireland and they eat seaweed instead of grass!!! Craziness! Its hard to get though because of their location.

    Love the blanket, and so proud!! I cant imagine trying to do that knitted... No thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs