Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Wedding Cake

I am so desperate to get married it is ridiculous lol. Poor Barry, he has had to listen to me for the past two days. I would say poor Ashlie but she loves it. :)

So, as Barry has not yet popped the question I've decided to write a mini-(and I do mean MINI)blog on my wedding cake.

My wedding cake has been the source of great frustration for me. I had a cake in mind, but I just don't think that it will work. It was a mosaic piece, very beautiful but since it is mosaic it has a lot of hard lines and for my flow-y wedding, hard lines are a no-no.

So here it is: My Wedding Cake.




It will not be yellow, as much as I love the color. It will be a pale pale mint green, almost white. I really do like it and it has taken me a while to find it. I was really lucky that this was on the first two pages of TheKnot. Otherwise, I would have been totally overwhelmed and would have quit the search almost immediately. I hate it when I think I've found something perfect and it doesn't work out. I never want to look after that, it is like I found it, took it off my to-do list and it's done. To-Dones do not go back on the to-do list. It goes against physics...or something.

REGARDLESS, I actually skipped this twice. Notice: Twice, that's cause I went back to look at it. That should have been the "uh hello!" moment, but you know me. So I went back a third time and decided that I loved it. I love the almost fragile coloring. It's not overpowering but it does add a little pizzazz. I also like that the whole cake isn't one color.

I also love that it is not short and squatty. I'M short and squatty, I don't want my cake to be. So, it's a tall cake and thin, but not lanky lol. It's also well designed, without being overpowering. There is just enough creativity in it so that it doesn't look like we went to Kroger, but it's not so overpowering that it looks like a "statement" cake.

All in all, I really like it.

-Ri

4 comments:

  1. Its exactly as you described and I heart the detailing!!! Soooo cute and I think it will be beautiful in pale green as well. Awww. Im so glad you blogged hehehe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it! I was kind of worried about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg no! and did you get my random test about the tablecloth idea? ...and i can think why you would change your background to this unrelated color.. ;P hehe

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs