Friday, December 4, 2009

Le Sigh.

I've been a horrible blogger. It's been a month and I haven't posted anything. It's not because I'm busy, it's just that this last month I haven't wanted to DO anything. Barry and I are in the same rut we were in last year and it sucks I tell you!

Yesterday I went to Hall Elementary's First Annual Teacher Nutcracker Market. I was worried sick that I wouldn't have enough product, or that my prices were too high etc. Angie (Barry's cousin who planned the whole thing) gave me a good talking to and now I feel pretty good about the knitting company. I still only sold one item. My first item though! I can now officially say that I've sold something! The market was a really good learning experience though. I learned that I need business cards and sheets that tell you how to care for your scarf.

Barry told me that the biggest reason I didn't sell more was simply that there were not enough people there. The market was not open to the public and it's a small school to start with. There was around thirty booths, and I can fairly say that we maybe had that many teachers at the fair.

March 27th there is a Spring Fair at the same school but it's open to the public so maybe that will help. Unfortunately, by March all the cold weather is gone so people wont be thinking about buying winter clothing so I've decided to make aprons. They are really easy to make and I can get wild and crazy with them! That's my plan.

To top it all off, my camera was stolen out of our truck last night. Yeah. Thanks.

But, it's snowing today and while that means my arthritis is acting up, IT'S STILL FREAKING SNOWING! That never happens in Houston!

I'm going to go make a cup of tea and begin planning Dolce's doggie jacket!

-Ri

2 comments:

  1. holy crap maria!!! I went to Hall elementary up through 2nd grade!!! No way this is the same one... mine was in League City TX. For a minute there I was going crazy lol.

    Wow though the fact that you were able to bring your products to a professional market is so inspiring! Way to go! Do you know if you have enough variety in your product as well? That might be something but who knows. So fun!

    And yes, I hate you for your snow. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. and do fun xmas things to blog about and jump start your spirits!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs